The spirit of this event for all levels to have fun and compete against other teams of similar skill and ability. We expect that all teams, managers, coaches & players respect their opponents, tournament representatives and match officials.
Each team must designate a team representative who will provide an email address & phone number for communication with the tournament committee throughout the weekend.
Your Team Representative or Manager must check in prior to their team’s first match at the tournament headquarters at Newton Athletic Park. Please arrive a minimum of one hour prior to your kickoff. ID Cards will not be required for this event.
All teams must have or provide the following information at check-in:
- Travel permit from provincial or state association (for non-BC based teams)
- A current team roster with all player names, birth dates & jersey numbers
Tournament Acceptance/Insurance Policy
- As a BC Soccer sanctioned event, entry into the adidas Cup shall be limited to teams which are properly affiliated with BC Soccer and/or other Provincial or State Associations.
- Only properly registered players in good standing shall be permitted to play in the tournament.
Eligible Players must be born no earlier than January 1st, 2007 (U12)
Maximum Roster Sizes:
- U9 to U10 = 10 Players
- U11 to U12 = 12 Players
Overage players are not permitted unless written approval has been received from the Tournament Committee. All players must be registered with their Provincial or State Association in accordance with BC Soccer Regulations
Played in accordance with FIFA laws, distinct U9-U12 rules can be found on the “Match Rules” page.
- U9 to U10 = 7 v 7 (6 + GK)
- U11 to U12 = 8 v 8 (7 + GK)
- 4 Matches per team
- 2 x 25 minute halves (50 minutes total)
- 5 minute half time
- Warm up time will be limited. All matches must start on time to maintain the schedule. Failure to start on time may result in a shortened match length
- All matches supervised by 1 referee. Absent referees should be reported to the closest Field Marshall immediately.
- Under exceptional circumstances, games may be shortened or cancelled at the discretion of the tournament committee at no penalty to the tournament or it’s organizers. Refunds will not be issued.
Match schedules will be available to all teams 1 week prior to the beginning of the tournament. After that time, changes will not be accommodated.
- Official standings or scores will not be kept, in accordance with LTPD rules.
The tournament headquarters & playing fields will be based out of Newton Athletic Park in Surrey, BC
Parking is available on site for the duration of the weekend. However, due to the volume of participants, please arrive early to ensure ample time to get to your match.
A first aid tent & first aid attendants will be on site for the duration of the weekend. First aid services will be limited to providing on site care for basic injuries only (cuts, sprains, bruises). Serious injuries will be handled through 911.
Players will be expected to provide their own tape for any existing or nagging injuries. Taping services will be subject to attendant availability.
Any player receiving a red card in a match is subject to discipline as follows:
- Possible suspension of his/her next tournament match at the discretion of the tournament committee
- Further review & disciplinary action by the tournament discipline committee
Zero tolerance for abuse towards officials (potential for suspension for entire event)
- Players, coaches and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the laws of the match. Displays of temper are dissent is a cause for ejection from a match and the surrounding field area. Repeat violations may result in the suspension of the team from the tournament as decided by the tournament directors
- It is the responsibility of the club/team to control the conduct of its parents and other spectators. Failure to do so may result in a warning to the coach or the person acting in the coaches behalf by the referee. If unacceptable conduct continues, the referee may terminate the match
- If the match is terminated due to spectator conduct, the club/team will be subject to disciplinary action as per BCSA policies
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any of the field sites
In the event of inclement weather, the organizers will have the authority to:
- Relocate or reschedule any match(es)
- Change the duration of any match(es)
- Cancel any preliminary match(es)
- A match is deemed to be completed if 25% or less remains un-played when called by a match official due to weather or playing conditions or for any other reason as the referee sees fit
- Determine the format for advancement
- A team shall be allowed a 5 minute grace period after the scheduled kick-off time before the match is awarded to their opponent. A minimum of 7 players constitutes a team and if 7 players are present, the match will not be delayed.
- If a team is the cause for termination of a match, that team will be considered to have forfeited that match. The determination as to which team is the cause for the termination shall be at the sole discretion of the referee on the field and the decision may not be protested
- Playing a “red-carded player” (ie: a player receiving a red card or 2 yellow cards IN ONE MATCH) following the receipt of disciplinary action is grounds for forfeit
All teams travelling from out of town, requiring accommodations must stay at one of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC Adidas Cup host hotels. Teams will be asked to provide confirmation of booking. Bookings are first come, first serve and once full, teams must choose an alternate hotel from the list provided. We recommend booking as soon as possible as hotels fill up quickly due to the large number of teams from outside of the lower mainland. Any team found to have not booked at a host hotel risk being removed from the tournament with no refund provided.
All protests will only be accepted if received within 1 hour after the completion of the match in question. All protests must be written and accompanied with the protest fee of $100 payable in cash/cheque only.