All teams travelling from out of town, requiring accommodations must stay at one of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC Adidas Cup host hotels. Teams will be asked to provide confirmation of booking. Any team found to have not booked at a host hotel risk being removed from the tournament with no refund provided.
All teams must check in prior to their first match at the tournament headquarters at Newton Athletic Park. Please arrive a minimum of one hour prior to your kickoff.
All teams must have or provide the following information at check-in:
- Travel permit from provincial or state association (for non-BC based teams)
- A designated person, with email address/cell phone number who can be contacted throughout the weekend
Age brackets include U9 (2009 born) – U12 (2006 born)
There will be a first aid tent on site throughout the weekend that will include first aid attendants.
The tournament headquarters will be based out Newton Athletic Park in Surrey, BC
- Played in accordance with FIFA laws
- All matches will have one official
- Match balls will be provided by teams (size four balls)
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC to supply tents. Teams must supply their own benches
- U9 to U10 = 25 minute halves (50 minute matches)
- U11 to U12 = 30 minute halves (60 minute matches)
- A 1 minute half-time will be provided (quick drink)
- All matches will be played 8v8 (7 players + 1 GK)
- Field and goal sizes may vary slightly
- No offside’s for U-9
- Matches will end at full-time. No overtime will be played
- All teams are guaranteed 4 matches
- Matches will start on time to maintain the schedule. Failure to start on time may require a reduced match length
- Substitutions are unlimited
- No warm-up session are to occur on match fields. Please use the casual spaces around the fields
- Leave field/technical area immediately upon completion of match
Any player receiving a red card in a match is subject to discipline as follows:
- An automatic suspension of his/her next tournament match
- A further review by tournament discipline committee
Zero tolerance for abuse towards officials (potential for suspension for entire event)
Official standings or scores will not be kept, in accordance with BCSA rules.
The home team will always be the first team listed on the schedule and will be responsible to change their kit in the event of a conflict.
All protests will only be accepted if received within 1 hour after the completion of the match in question. All protests must be written and accompanied with the protest fee of $100 payable in cash/cheque only.
- Players, coaches and spectators are expected to conduct themselves within the laws of the match. Displays of temper are dissent is a cause for ejection from a match and the surrounding field area. Repeat violations may result in the suspension of the team from the tournament as decided by the tournament directors
- It is the responsibility of the club/team to control the conduct of its parents and other spectators. Failure to do so may result in a warning to the coach or the person acting in the coaches behalf by the referee. If unacceptable conduct continues, the referee may terminate the match
- If the match is terminated due to spectator conduct, the club/team will be subject to disciplinary action as per BCSA policies
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any of the filed sites
- A team shall be allowed a 5 minute grace period after the scheduled kick-off time before the match is awarded to their opponent. A minimum of 7 players constitutes a team and if 7 players are present, the match will not be delayed.
- If a team is the cause for termination of a match, that team will be considered to have forfeited that match. The determination as to which team is the cause for the termination shall be at the sole discretion of the referee on the field and the decision may not be protested
- Playing a “red-carded player” (ie: a player receiving a red card or 2 yellow cards IN ONE MATCH) following the receipt of disciplinary action is grounds for forfeit
In the event of inclement weather, the organizers will have the authority to:
- Relocate or reschedule any match(es)
- Change the duration of any match(es)
- Cancel any preliminary match(es)
- A match is deemed to be completed if 25% or less remains un-played when called by a match official due to weather or playing conditions or for any other reason as the referee sees fit
- Determine the format for advancement
The tournament has scheduled 4 matches for each team. However, at the organizers’ discretion, the number of matches may be reduced due to exceptional circumstances and the tournament is not liable for any expenses and no refunds will be given
The tournament committee’s or their official representatives’ interpretation of the rules shall be final pertaining to this tournament. The committee, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, and Sport Check, will not be liable for any injuries sustained by any participant in the tournament on or off the field